Monday, March 19, 2012

Back from Retreat

I'm back from the annual BMQG Retreat up in Kennebunk Maine. I had a great time and got a TON of stuff done.  I'll share some of the projects I worked on or finished (that I can talk about) this week.

On the way up we stopped at three quilt stores and did a little shopping.  I was very reserved on my purchases and only bought a few things.  (My purchase on the way back and Mardens, a discount fabric store, is another story.)
Here we are in our work room.  There were 14 of us and we each had our own table for our machine.  There were lots of lights for us to use and a cutting station.  There were two ironing boards and irons, and we set up a few additional ironing stations for everyone to use.  We also had three design walls where were often occupied with many great quilts in progress.
Lots of folks brought food.  Emily brought homemade fig newtons, I brought raspberry goat cheese brownies, chips, fruit, cookies, crackers, etc. also made an appearance. 
Aimee gave a demo on how to use the twister ruler to make pinwheel quilts.
After, KK and I walked a nearby beach that I vacationed at for 15 years growing up.  It was windy but beautiful out.  I actually turned the AC on in my car for the first time this year.  I don't think I've ever had the AC on in the middle of March up here in New England.  Crazy!

All in all, I had a great time.  It was great spending time with the members of the guild and getting to know them more. I got a lot accomplished quilting wise too, an added bonus.

3 comments:

  1. I love retreats! It looks like you were at a beautiful location.

    Can you believe we've had our a/c on at home off and on all winter - on quite a bit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to visit some place so familiar! Y'all look like you were productive and had a good time. And, I spot some wine in the background?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice information about pinwheel quilts. I get more knowledge about pinwheel quilts. And I learn how to make pinwheel quilts.

    Shooting Games Online

    ReplyDelete